Rhode Island Medical Malpractice Claims
While our Pawtucket office does not handle medical malpractice cases in house, Attorney Ray Pacia is able to refer clients to experienced medical malpractice lawyers in Rhode Island. He has been a presence in the local legal community for more than 30 years, and can help ensure that you partner with the best legal representative for your claim.
Pawtucket Injury Lawyer Explains Medical Malpractice Claims
Health care professionals, including doctors, surgeons and nurses, owe their patients a duty to perform with the same degree of care and skill as a similarly situated medical provider in comparable circumstances. Failure to act in accordance with industry standards may constitute medical malpractice. Some of the most common examples of medical malpractice include:
- Surgical errors, including leaving a foreign object in a patient's body, operating on a wrong body part, or performing a wrong procedure
- Birth injuries and delivery mistakes causing birth trauma and disabilities
- Incorrect diagnosis of cancer and other life-threatening conditions
- Inappropriate patient treatment after correct diagnosis
- Errors in administering anesthesia
- Ignoring undesirable prescription drug reactions
- Prescribing the wrong medication or wrong dose of medication
- Failure to fully inform a patient of the risks of a treatment or drug
- HMO negligence
When people are sick or injured, they expect to receive competent treatment from knowledgeable and practiced physicians and staff. Unfortunately, however, doctors and hospitals sometimes make unacceptable oversights and mistakes that further harm their patients. Our firm understands that such injuries can be especially traumatic because they are caused by the person or facility entrusted with your health. We can determine whether you or loved one has experienced a valid medical malpractice situation, and help you take the appropriate steps to pursue legal action in your case.
Compensation for Injuries
If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury or death due to a medical professional's oversight or mistake, you may be able to recover compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. Economic losses often include medical bills, rehabilitation, lost wages, lost earning capacity, and other costs. Noneconomic damages can include pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of society and companionship.
Seek Experienced, Aggressive Representation
If you feel that you or someone you love has been the victim of medical malpractice, please contact Ramond A Pacia Attorney at Law, Ltd to schedule a consultation and interview. We can refer you to an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Rhode Island.